About the job
About The Opportunity
We’re all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you’re looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas–all while having fun together–Grubhub is the place for you!
The Impact You Will Make
- Operational owner of one or more Line of Business (LoB)
- Responsible for leading a team of 40 people, creating an environment that is well structured, detailed, and organized
- Ability to set clear expectations, and outline opportunities for personal and professional growth for team members
- Communicate adeptly. Listen, learn, instruct and guide the team to success
- Work with LoB business owners, Product, Finance, and myriad of other departments and individuals to maximize communication and efficiency for Front-Line Operations
- Ability to build strong cooperative relationships, manage without authority, create roadmaps, hold people accountable, and hit deadlines
- Generate new material in the way of SOPS, policies, strategies, training material, etc.
- Exceptional writing skills that translate new findings into actionable procedures
- Weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting.. The ability to present quantitative and qualitative information quickly, succinctly, and clearly in written and/or visual form
- Ability to keep projects on track, work with myriad stakeholders and deliver on expectations
- Experience with project management and project management software
- Command of operational principles accompanied by an insatiable curiosity for analysis, discovery, and improvement
- Design the workflow for lines of business, identify constraints and elevate those constraints to optimize throughput in order to meet demand and hit SLAs
- Ability to perform process mapping, generate failure modes and effects analyses (FMEA), create work breakdown structures (WBS), and SIPOC matrices
- Understand of the basic tools of Lean Six Sigma
- Experience Lean operations (Kaizen and Plan-Do-Check-Act)
- Guide and inform the Quality Assurance program as it relates to the Front-Line Operations Manager’s LoBs.
- Ability to articulate where and how to use Quality Assurance to improve and control LoBs
Applied Data Analytics
- Grubhub is a data-driven organization and everything we do is measurable and should be measured.
- Highly skilled at: 1) interpreting and applying data; 2) reporting; and 3) generating new insights from data.
- Perform to a budget for labor, professional development, tools, training, gifts, and events
- Understands the fundamentals of tracking to and reporting on a budget
What You Bring To The Table
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Master’s degree preferred
- 5 years of people management experience
- 3 years of applied data experience
- 3 years of project management experience
- Advanced/Expert in Google Sheets and MS Office Suite
- Familiarity with call center work structure
- Experience with a ticketing work management system
- Process Improvement experience
- SQL is a plus
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO/PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You’ll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Vaccination Requirement: Grubhub employees are required to be fully vaccinated. Candidates must confirm vaccination status at time of hire, and must provide proof of full-Covid-19 vaccination within 2 weeks of starting employment. Fully vaccinated is defined as: “2 weeks have passed since your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s vaccine.