Global Compact Network Singapore
About the job
Global Compact Network Singapore (GCNS), the local chapter of the United Nations Global Compact is seeking an experienced Marketing & Communications Manager to attract more businesses to join the sustainability movement and enhance GCNS’ brand and reach via various communication channels. The ideal candidate is a dynamic team player joining an active unit in promoting corporate sustainability and responsible business practices in Singapore and the region.
We are seeking an experienced and creative marketing & communications professional with a track record of success in devising marketing campaigns and content, managing 3rd party suppliers and partners, and implementing GCNS social media engagement efforts.
The Marketing & Communications Manager is responsible for the development and supervision of GCNS’ marketing and communications activities. She/he will work closely with senior leadership, program managers, and the global UN Global Compact communications staff to implement marketing campaigns and social media strategies. She/he will also focus on building our brand and get our messages out via digital and social media channels, press channels, and any other communication mediums she/he will find relevant to engage with. She/he will also support the Executive Director and Board Members with public and media engagements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee GCNS’ marketing strategy, and develop and execute a variety of marketing tactics including email marketing, social media, thought leadership, digital advertising, and events
- In collaboration with program managers, develop marketing materials to facilitate the launch and communication of tools, training, and events
- Guide and craft content development, ranging from social media assets to newsletters and member story features
- Manage media relations and develop PR collaterals
- Manage campaign timelines, schedules, and communications to key stakeholders
- Develop and implement communications strategies to enhance GCNS’ reputation as the leading voice in corporate sustainability
- Write content, quotes, talking points, and other briefing notes for Senior Management and the Board, as required
- Oversee the design and timely publication of GCNS Annual Reports
- Manage the GCNS website and flagship events’ websites
- Establish new and optimize existing internally marketing processes, including coordinating and leveraging marketing resources from UN Global Compact
- Leverage analytics, benchmarks, and metrics in planning and evaluating marketing and communications campaigns
- Oversee the Marketing & Communications budget, ensuring milestones are achieved online and within budget
- Manage marketing support staff, interns, or volunteers
- Additional projects, as assigned
SKILLS AND CAPACITIES
- 5+ years of relevant experience in marketing and communications, including developing and implementing marketing campaigns, managing communications and social media engagement and efforts
- Excellent and creative writing skills
- A proven track record of coordinating communications-related projects
- Experience in the use of digital channels to engage the business community is a plus
- Self-starter, ability to work independently but equally comfortable working in a diverse and fast-paced work environment
- Experience working with vendors, including PR agencies
- Experience and knowledge in marketing automation tactics and technology a plus (e.g. Saleforce/Pardot)
- Experience with WordPress, Elementor, and Pro; Experience with InDesign, Photoshop, or Canvas is a plus.
- Interest and experience in sustainable development will be advantageous
PROVEN DELIVERY OF RESULTS:
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities (including content management demands), communicate status appropriately, and maintain a high level of operational transparency and accountability.
- Self-starter. Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize a varied workload
- Strong problem-solving skills, analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary
- A competitive salary
- A unique and dynamic HR system, including flexible hours and working from home arrangement
- A fabulous environment of awesome people to work with, five days a week
- A nice and modern office working environment in CBD area