The Oracle for Startups team is looking for a proven Marketing & Events specialist who is creative, collaborative, and has a passion for creating and executing events and digital campaigns for thought leadership, brand awareness and demand generation. You will organize and ensure the smooth operation of key marketing campaigns and events, from planning and budgeting to implementation and reporting.
The ideal candidate for the Manager, Marketing & Events role must exhibit a highly professional demeanor, be able to manage across lines of business, cultures, and geographies working across a globally dispersed team. Communication skills, both verbal and written, must be exemplary. A background in B2B technology industry as well as experience working for working with or for a startup is critical. You will have an unshakeable positive attitude, impeccable organizational skills, and ability to remain flexible.
About Oracle for Startups: Oracle for Startups helps people build things that have never been built before, and we help them do it with Oracle. We enable mutually beneficial business-building partnerships for startups, our customers, and Oracle. Without taking equity, we offer access to a complete stack of Oracle Cloud solutions, supported by experienced cloud and industry mentors. Our team functions very much like a startup within Oracle. We move quickly and expect high quality results in the mutual best interest of our brand, our customers, and startups. We are a small, scrappy team at Oracle operating with a startup mentality.
- Create an integrated marketing plan to support the overall support the overall business, program goals & objectives in the LATAM region
- Develop relationships with key startup ecosystem partners (ex: event organizers, accelerators, VCs, startup/developer communities) to create partnerships and events in the region.
- Work with internal creative resources to create assets: web content, marketing campaign assets, emails, ads, graphics, webinars, videos, etc.
- Creates and manages local program budget, measures ROI through metrics analysis and reporting
- Secure and prepare Oracle speakers to present at events (assist them with presentation creation and practice presentation sessions).
- Develop and deliver breakthrough ideas and innovative event activities and marketing tactics that attract new startup applications for our programs
- Create email copy, ppt presentations and other marketing collateral as needed
- Should be comfortable (or willing to learn) using social media as a communications channel
- Must be fluent in both writing and speaking English and Spanish. (If you also speak Portuguese, this would be a bonus!).
- You must reside in either Mexico or Chile.
- Previous experience enabling and collaborating with a sales/business development team.
- Track record of creating exceptional events and campaigns with measurable ROI
- Skilled at negotiating and executing on partnership agreements with 3 rd party vendors.
- Strong understanding of communications strategy, marketing and branding principles
- Must be self-motivated and have experience working across a globally distributed team.
- Proactive, problem-solving and exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to stay ahead of trends and best practices for event planning, marketing and technology
- You will be execution focused, organized and be able to deliver to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- 3+ years experience in a marketing role
- Experience using Wrike for project management
- Previous experience working with (or for) startups, accelerators, entrepreneurs
- Experience using Zoom for virtual webinars/events
Plans, executes, and measures demand generation marketing programs to grow sales pipeline and revenue for Field Sales organization.
Meets with Sales leaders to create strategic marketing plan in support of Sales pipeline and revenue objectives. Participant in regular pipeline and forecast review meetings. Develops and implements tactical marketing programs in conjunction with Sales, Channels, Product Marketing, Product Management, Oracle Direct (Telesales), and external influencers such as user groups and industry trade associations. Provides onsite execution support for marketing programs. Tracks lead flow to ensure the appropriate Sales channels are following up with event attendees and campaign responders in a timely manner. Creates and manages program budget, measures ROI through metrics analysis and reporting.
Proven track record executing multi-faceted event programs. Excellent interpersonal skills. Able to engage customers in dialogue about their business needs and IT solutions. Excellent written and verbal skills, and ability to work on far-flung virtual teams. Understands principles of Sales business/revenue/pipeline management. Moderate technical and strategic understanding of Technology, Applications, and Industry solutions being marketed. Attention to detail and discipline to follow established policies and processes from event design to execution to lead flow.