The Marketing Manager, Community leads the Community marketing and outreach efforts for Call of Duty: Mobile. You will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies for each platform on social channels; in support of season launches, new feature releases, partnerships, and all live ops events. You are responsible for managing relationships with players through the brand and keeping players informed. You’re a digital storyteller and brings a passion to connect the community to the game and serves as the voice of Call of Duty Mobile to players across the world.
- Own and manage Community and player facing communications, inclusive of Community updates on Reddit & Discord and social platforms
- Track and advance social media or community related issues in an expeditious manner to internal partners, like bugs, issues with releases, trends, or sentiment problems and feedback
- Develop programs to identify, engage, and incentivize players
- Define vision and develop overarching social media & community strategies on various platforms – such as Reddit and Discord, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, TikTok – maintaining an innovative understanding of standard methodologies, trends, and tactics
- Lead ideation and execution of social campaigns and creative development to support product initiatives and drive players into the game
- Develop platform strategies to increase and propel channel growth and engagement
- Interpretation of data, crafting practical insights from that data, and owning detailed social and community media metric reports
- Lead all aspects of creative pipeline and manage relationship with internal and external agencies
- Work cross functionally with product marketing, content, product and live ops teams to identify and develop compelling social media content
- Work closely with PR and Influencer teams on unified and timed messaging to community of players
- Keep a strong pulse on the social media landscape across gaming and social, cultural trends; as well as competitive landscape
- BA/BS degree
- Minimum 5 years of proven experience in Community management and/or social media marketing
- Extensive knowledge of the CoD franchise
- In-depth experience using all major social media platforms, including Reddit, Discord, and YouTube
- Experience with online tools to schedule, publish, track, analyze and report critical metrics such as Opal and Sprinklr
- Strong understanding of analytics, project management, video game development, and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with international teams in significantly different time zones, working with cross-discipline marketing partners
- Be able to handle working long and unusual hours during releases periods or as the job demands
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent cross-team collaboration skills
- Ability to work unsupervised and be accountable for high levels of results
- Significant understanding of the overall game industry and market
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world’s largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only improved by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We seek to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ – we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.