About the job
Purpose of the role :
To support the fulfilment of materials for Video-On-Demand (VOD), Linear channels, Sales and Operations workstreams across the Asia business, with a focus on the key areas below
- To create and maintain detailed monthly EPG & affiliate VOD metadata in a timely and accurate manner. This metadata covers our portfolio of channels (BBC Earth, BBC Lifestyle, BBC First, BBC Brit & CBeebies) for internal end-to-end processes and partner VOD services.
- Manage regional vendors to ensure asset production and delivery to customers, meeting all requirements and due dates. Ensure the highest levels of communication resolution of delays, issues or rejections, and swift escalation if required
- Manage digital image workflow for both internal and external platforms. This includes consolidation of materials from distribution and internal repositories, curation, resizing and final delivery of images to meet business requirements and maintaining image catalogue.
- Manage the supply and delivery of materials (longform, shortform, images, scripts, metadata, etc) to all areas of business, ensuring materials are supplied to the required specifications and delivered on time. Be a key point of contact for all material enquiries.
Knowledge, skills, training and experience :
- Excellent organisational skills; close attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Able to react to constant changes in priorities by reorganising work to meet shifting deadlines and targets.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office software (Word, Excel) is required.
- Experience in the television broadcast industry or within digital media distribution and platforms is ideal but not necessary.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
Job impact :
- Decision making
Ability to proactively juggle and prioritise a number of different tasks at any one time supporting different business areas and individuals as necessary.
- Reporting structure
The role reports to the Product Manager for the region. It requires (daily) contact with internal colleagues based in Singapore, London and across Asia by phone and/or email. Works closely with a variety of contacts for operational matters including Global Operations teams, Branded Services teams and external stakeholders – including clients and vendors.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual’s unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.