About the job
At Blackpanda, our Operations team is the bridge between our vaunted cyber Incident Response team and the client leadership. We are seeking superstar Operations Managers with a strong cyber or IT technical background in Customer Success, Account Management, or similar skills, and capable of additionally staying cool as a cucumber under pressure and with outstanding bedside manners when dealing with emotional, stressed-out client CEOs. This is a role which acts as the interface of translating the technical results and reports of the cyber team into digestible, clear and concise terms for the client leadership – you will be the gateway for senior client leadership in understanding cyber IR and managing the account relationship.
The Operations Manager may also qualify for ransomware negotiation and response training and development, if interested, as well as other technical training and real-world case opportunities in all manners of cyber crisis response that Blackpanda engages upon on a daily basis across the Asia region.
The Operations Manager should be an individual who is unusually mature, graceful, and sophisticated in their presentation and report briefing skills to senior client management, and can also help shield the cyber Incident Responders from worry about administration, logistics, and other non-technical aspects of the engagement, enabling the Incident Responders to focus on what they do best – combating the cyber attackers or conducting their digital forensics investigation of the case.
Applicants can be based globally and work from anywhere so long as they have a blazingly fast internet connection, adequate work-from-home set-up, and willing to work for six hours a day crossing over with the company between 9am to 6pm Singapore or Hong Kong time. Blackpanda pays top-of-market salaries for position, title, and locality according to similar companies in the market, and seeks top-of-market quality results in return no matter where the talent chooses to reside. Applicants are also welcome to relocate to any of the Blackpanda offices in Asia, as they like, if not already based in one of the office locations.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Account Management and ensuring delivery of contracted services to the client from Launch Meeting to Final Report regarding administrative, logistical, and operational requirements
- Maintaining rapid acknowledgement and response non-stop with client communication throughout the workday, ensuring the Blackpanda never fails to provide high-touch, white-glove service that it is renown for during crisis regarding Customer Success
- Seeking opportunities to seed, develop, and close Inside Sales opportunities for cross-selling Blackpanda’s services, Pandamatics Underwriting insurance, or partner services and products as an Inside Sales ancillary role
- Extremely close coordination and integration with the cybersecurity Incident Response team, capable to translate, prepare, and then formally present to client CEOs on the results in a professional, clear, and concise manner on a consistent basis
- Weekly presentations to the C-level leadership of Blackpanda on the status, progress, and analysis of cases under management
- Develop metrics and analysis for improving operational efficiency, conversion rates, and inside sales performance for existing clients
- Develop processes and SOPs regarding coordination and operational management of the projects, in coordination with Revenue and IR team
- Coordinate for scoping with the Revenue and IR team when a cross-sell opportunity arises for clients under Account Management
- Support Marketing webinars and other information sessions regarding IR case studies to partners and the market
- If interested, develop capabilities to serve as a Ransomware Negotiator with internal and external cyber and extortion negotiation training, case opportunities, and cryptocurrency payment facilitation, as well as other specialized cyber incident response exposure and technical training
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum five years’ experience in the tech space (cybersecurity experience highly preferred) in an Account Management, Customer Success, or Inside Sales role in a consulting service company
- Outstanding presentation skills as well as high social intelligence and empathy in dealing with clients under duress and crisis
- Extremely high attention-to-detail personality and attitude for keeping the IR team organized and administratively on-point for delivering all key aspects of the project
- Extroverted, positive attitude with a drive to build relationships
- Business fluent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Can be based anywhere in the world, but must be able to work Monday to Friday for at least six hours between 0900 to 1800 SGT/HKT
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Conversational fluency and higher in any Asian language is a major plus
- The Company will underwrite the cost of no less than one (1) training course each calendar year (the training for your inaugural year will be undertaken after you are regularized; a 12-month bond will be required of you with respect to the cost of training, commencing upon completion of each training course) – the topic of the training will be your choice, subject to approval by your manager and will be no greater than USD5,000.
- Top of market base pay system for position and locality every year.
- Annual bonus based on performance.
- 20 days paid leave and 26 public holidays, including no-meeting Fridays.
- Future relocation opportunities to your office of choice.
- Enrolment in the company health plan. Future travel and training opportunities.
- This role requires at least 6-hour crossover with SGT/HKT work hours between 9-6pm and can be posted anywhere worldwide.
Due to the volume of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We appreciate your understanding.
BLACKPANDA is Asia’s premier cyber security incident response group, hyper-focused on digital forensics and cyber crisis response. Our team consists of an elite cadre of risk and security experts from International military special forces, intelligence, forensics and law enforcement backgrounds. We are highly trained, ready to respond to and help manage crises on short notice, when and wherever needed.