Homeward Bound Projects
About the job
Homeward Bound is looking to appoint a proactive and enthusiastic Operations Manager reporting to the CEO to guide our global online leadership initiative. You will provide inspired leadership and increase the productivity and efficiency of this young not-for-profit organisation.
You will manage overall operations and be responsible for the effective and successful management of the organisation’s financial and human resource management systems.
This leadership role will identify and implement strategies which positions Homeward Bound for growth and stability aligned with the future direction of the organisation
Homeward Bound welcomes interest in this role from people of diverse cultural heritage in particular, people from First Nations communities are encouraged to apply.
Key Selection Criteria: You will have:
· Three or more years’ experience in a related role potentially within a NFP organisation
· A relevant bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting, business administration or operations.
· Support gender equality
· Some understanding/interest in the needs of women in stemm
· Experience managing staff
· Significant leadership experience with the capacity to offer high-level strategic management and operational
· Experience developing and managing budgets working with xero or other accounting software
· Skill in project management and establishing operational systems
· Demonstrated ability to plan and prioritise
· Lead and facilitate the online leadership learning program for global program participants working with a
committed program faculty
· Manage a team of three including a Program Coordinator, Program Administrator and external bookkeeper.
· Manage the relationship with external auditors and banks ensuring that Homeward Bound meets all
requirements for annual financial statements.
· Provide financial advice and analysis to the Board of Directors and CEO on all strategic and operational
aspects of financial management for the organisation.
· Ensure an appropriate internal control framework supported by relevant financial and risk management
policies including organisational compliance to the Homeward Bound Delegations Policy.
Manage the provision of cashflow, payroll and salary packaging services for Homeward Bound employees
Homeward Bound is a global leadership initiative for women with backgrounds in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, and medicine (STEMM), delivering a high-quality online leadership program with the potential for an intensive face-to-face leadership experience. In the first four years of the program, this has involved a voyage to Antarctica.