Business Group Information
The Partner Business Operations (PBO) organization enables partners to transact with Microsoft effectively through leading the operational change management and adoption process with strong collaboration with our internal stakeholders, delivering operational excellence throughout the entire partner lifecycle processes and transactional processes across the entire partner ecosystems of Microsoft.
If you love engaging with partners and are passionate about helping our partners to improve how they conduct business with Microsoft, then we invite you to learn more about the Partner Business Operations. We offer unique opportunities to work on interesting projects at the center of digital transformation of Microsoft and our partner ecosystem. We work in an environment that appreciates diversity, focuses on talent development, recognizes and rewards great work.
The Partner Business Manager role is an Individual Contributor based in Singapore or Korea and will play a pivotal role in enabling and supporting Microsoft partners globally as well as focusing on partners in Asia. The candidate will be working with cross-functional international teams to achieve this through involvements in projects to drive requirements, define the operational processes, capture partner feedbacks, delivering enablement activities to partners through community model, voice-of-partners mechanism and enabling the partners to be ready to transact and adoption of these changes. In this role, you will have the opportunity to influence change, drive results through insights & build stakeholder relationships.
Key Responsibilities Of This Role Include
- Requirement Management – Provide input to launch design, engage with Corp launch team to ensure regional requirements are incorporated into design for related launches
- Process Management – Define and optimize operational lead-to-order to cash processes across all lines of businesses, secure cross functional stakeholders’ alignment and implementation of these processes in the launch
- Readiness Plan – (Internal) Develop and deliver partner readiness plan to enable partners to accept and adopt changes successfully and transact across all lines of business.
- Change Management: Manage & track partner adoption taking necessary action to meet launch and adoption timelines for partners.
- Voice of Partner – Effectively represent voice of the partners across multiple groups within Microsoft leveraging multiple listening mechanisms to ensure partner experience and feedback is captured and used to influence operational capabilities
- Stakeholder Engagement – be the central point of contact for Global Channel Sales (GCS) organization in aligning the priorities and needs between PBO and GCS to support partner business growth in the region and globally
- Escalation Management – Be the central escalation point for country stakeholders the candidate is responsible to cover
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in a Business-related field (Operations, Accounting, Finance or IT) or equivalent experience. Masters Degree desirable
- Experience: 7-10 years of related operations/business experience
- Fluent in English and Korea (both verbal and written). Other regional Asian languages is a plus
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to clearly articulate complex subjects to a global audience.
- Ability to simplify complex situations and apply analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience in Partner Channel Management and/or Customer relationship management.
- Ability to multi-task and project manage many tasks simultaneously, working under continual deadline constraints.
- Excellent project and process management skills with the ability to own planning, scheduling & coordinating.
- Ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems by applying knowledge and judgment to identify approach and methods.
- Demonstrated impact and influence skills, including cross-boundary collaboration and the ability to build solid relationships with individuals at all levels.
- Ability to manage sensitive, business impacting information, and closely control dissemination.
- Confidence in self and organization, and a ‘can-do’ attitude in the face of change and ambiguity.
- Highly self-motivated and able to work effectively with numerous virtual teams of diverse backgrounds.
- Experience with channel environment, cloud business environment, knowledge of Microsoft Partner programs & Channel management would be a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.