About the job
ALL SOURCEGRAPH ROLES ARE FULLY REMOTE
Who We Are
Our mission at Sourcegraph is to make it so that everyone can code, not just ~0.1% of the population. We help developers and companies with billions of lines of code create the software you use every day. In enabling more people to code, we believe we will create economic opportunity across the world and will drive progress that benefits everyone.
It’s an exciting time to join Sourcegraph. Our company is growing rapidly: we’ve experienced exponential growth and our $125M Series D from Andreessen Horowitz and $50M Series C from Sequoia have given us the opportunity to make big ambitious bets on our future. We have a huge market (every company that builds software) and massive opportunity (most developers haven’t even heard of code search yet, but once you’ve used it, you can’t live without it–just like Google web search). By continuing to hire exceptional people, we have the opportunity to make Sourcegraph one of the biggest technology companies in the world.
Why this job is exciting
Our People team works on exciting initiatives that enable the success of our teammates by focusing on their onboarding, development, wellbeing, 360 reviews, and benefits, and ensuring that their operational needs (like payroll questions and employment verifications) are attended to quickly and efficiently. As our People Ops Coordinator, you’ll help our operations of our People team scale and become more streamlined by taking ownership of deliverables like the rollout of critical training and checks, teammate offboarding, working with our payroll team to ensure benefits are administered correctly, and helping teammates with day-to-day questions that get posted in our Slack channel. You’ll also get the chance to provide ad hoc support on initiatives relating to wellbeing, training, social connections, and rewards as they come up. Our team works closely together, and this role will give you exposure to all aspects of the People function and what it takes to support teammates in a fast-scaling, remote tech environment. We work with lots of smart people who like to think about things differently, allowing us to work on meaningful projects that really make a difference to our teammates. This is your chance to be part of a progressive People team and learn how we enable the success of a company!
Within one month:
- You will start building a trusting relationship with your team and other teammates
- You will understand the what, why, and how of the projects that your team is working on and how those projects contribute to our company goals.
- You’ll experience our robust onboarding process first-hand, not only for your own development, but to understand how onboarding works within a company like Sourcegraph
- You’ll begin completing tasks that give you exposure to the operations of a People team
Within three months:
- You’ll be owning various tasks that are critical to our operations, such as offboarding, critical training and checks
- You’ll be handling questions related to our operations and benefits with confidence and speed
- You’ll have gained exposure to, and had an opportunity to contribute to, the thinking and implementation of those initiatives and learnt from the outcomes
Within six months:
- You’ll understand how a People team is structured to support a scaling tech company and how it prioritizes initiatives
- You’ll be making suggestions for how to improve various aspects of our People operations as you see the opportunities to automate and improve our ways of working to be more compliant and respond more effectively
- You’ll be handling questions related to our operations and benefits with confidence and speed, but also acting on trends for common questions, and recommending ways to improve communication and/or access to information
- You’ll have gained exposure to, and had an opportunity to contribute to, the thinking and implementation of other initiatives in the team
Within one year
- You’ll have had robust exposure to all aspects of People Operations and made a significant contribution to how we scale the team and provide a great experience to our teammates
- You’ll understand more about what aspects of the People function allow you to apply your strengths, and where you want to learn more, and have the opportunity to expand as the team grows
You’re a self-starter who cares about delivering meaningful work to enable the success of other teammates. You have an eye for detail and care about making sure things run as efficiently as possible. You’re motivated to lean in on any project requiring your support, quickly understand what’s required of you, take the time to clarify expectations, and communicate your progress as you complete tasks. You are strongly aligned with our values and are inspired by our mission to make it so that everyone can code.
- An HR-related qualification, or working towards one
- At least 2 years’ experience supporting People Operations in a scaling, fast-paced environment
- Previous exposure to working in a remote and/or asynchronous environment would be advantageous
Interview process [~5 hour total interview]
Click here to read more information in our Handbook about the types of interviews we use at Sourcegraph.
- You apply.
- [30 min] Recruiter screen with Kelsey Nagel
- [30 min] Hiring Manager screen with Noemi Mercado
- [45 min] Resume deep dive (aka Topgrade) with
- [30 min ] Assignment (if applicable)
- Team Interview stage:
- [30 min] Assignment review/working session with Jon Ayers & Cassie Melani
- [30 min] Peer interview with Inés Roitman and Cecily Black
- [30 min] Values interview
- [30 min] Final Leadership Interview with Debbie Johnstone
- Any other informal conversations with people who you would be working closely with but didn’t get to meet during the interview process.
- We check references & make you an offer
Not sure if this is you?
We want a diverse, global team, with a broad range of experience and perspectives. If this job sounds great, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway! We carefully consider every application, and will either move forward with you, find another team that might be a better fit, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time.
Learn More About Us
To create a product that serves the needs of all developers, we are building a diverse all-remote team that is distributed across the world. Sourcegraph is an equal opportunity workplace; we welcome people from all backgrounds and communities.
We provide competitive compensation and practical benefits to keep you happy and healthy so that you can do your best work.
Learn more about what it is like to work at Sourcegraph by reading our handbook.
We want to ensure Sourcegraph is an environment that suits your working style and empowers you to do your best work, so we are eager to answer any questions that you have about us at any point in the interview process.
Go back to the careers page for all open positions.