About the job
Octane is a Fintech company whose mission is to connect people with their passions. The transaction process for large purchases such as powersports, RVs, boats, and home improvements is slow and frustrating, but Octane is changing that through automated underwriting, innovative credit products, and financing through our in-house lender Roadrunner Financial. Octane reaches millions of enthusiasts through editorial brands like Cycle World and Cycle Volta and helps consumers buy their favorite products with instant, frictionless financing on Octane.co. Octane is revolutionizing lending in under-served verticals that account for tens of billions of dollars in annual transactions.
Octane is gaining traction quickly with customers, as evidenced by growth in originations through our platform of more than $1B since inception. Octane works with more than 3,500 merchants in the USA and offers promotional financing with low rates for more than 40 OEM brands. Because we’re the platform and the lender, we have both high growth and positive unit economics – rare for a fintech. We have raised more than $192M in capital from leading investors, including Valar Ventures, IA Ventures, Contour Venture Partners, Third Prime, Progressive Insurance and Citi Ventures and our lending securities are rated AA by Standard & Poor’s.
People Operations Generalist
The People Operations Generalist will work alongside our Senior People Manager, supporting the People team on projects and initiatives through strong execution, administratively and tactically. You will play a vital role supporting our growing organization and will be passionate about People Operations, supporting a fast paced growing organization and working as a team. You will work closely with partners on the People team and across the entire organization to ensure that all people operations run smoothly.
This is a full-time hybrid position, requiring working on-site in our Irving office as needed
- Work in collaboration with the People Team on the strong execution of the companywide onboarding and offboarding processes, including new hire orientation presentations both in-person and virtually.
- Take on ownership of payroll, working in coordination with the People Operations Associate, including both bi-weekly and semi-monthly payrolls for non-exempt and exempt employees.
- Own the background check review and approval process.
- Support the People Operations team in conducting stay interviews with employees, providing Business Partners with results and data.
- Develop and own our internal transfer process in collaboration with the talent acquisition team and People Team business partners.
- Work in collaboration with the People Associate to efficiently provide support
- Own tracking of leave of absences across the organization and act as the main point of contact for employees and leave administrators (ADP and MetLife).
- Assist with coordination of People projects.
- 5+ years of Human Resources experience, including HRIS and payroll experience, ADP a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field, required.
- Working understanding of payroll processes including time clocking systems, payroll coding and manual payroll adjustments.
- Experience with multistate People regulations and processes, a plus.
- Prior experience in a fast growth, start-up type environment with high ownership and a solution mindset, preferred.
- A heightened sense of urgency, along with demonstrable experience working with highly confidential information.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Adept with the MS Office or Google Suite for projects (including pivot tables and v-lookups).
- Incredibly organized with the ability to ruthlessly prioritize and execute.
- Exceptionally detail-oriented and self-directed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships.
- Creative, out-of-the-box thinker with a strong ability to efficiently organize and track projects and tasks, along with a strong work ethic and follow through.
- Robust Health Care Plans (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Generous Parental Leave
- Up to 5 weeks PTO (self-managed)
- Retirement Plan (401k) with Company contribution
- Educational Assistance/Tuition Reimbursement up to $3K/year
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Short Term / Long Term Disability & Life insurance
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
- Team Activities (remotely)
- Monthly company gift
Octane Lending is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment.