the LEGO Group
Can you think out of the box to improve buzz around one of the strongest brands in the world?
Join us in an outstanding opportunity to help the LEGO® brand achieve top minded awareness by driving buzz and engagement among consumers and shoppers across Hong Kong, Taiwan & Macau!
We are looking for a high-calibre expert in PR & Events who can generate effective PR for various consumer events / product launches and develop strong relationships with media/influencers – with an objective to recruit more kids and grow consumer sales.
- Drive top of mind awareness for the LEGO brand via enhancing buzz and engagement among target consumers and shoppers across Hong Kong, Taiwan & Macau
- Develop strong and effective PR communication plan including innovative ideas at affordable cost for various activations e.g. consumer events, product launches, social occasions
- Own and develop strong relations with mainstream media, KOL/ influencers
- Key lead for events planning together with Brand & Trade Team on key local occasions & focus brand activations
- Lead the PR Agency, and execute PR plans including press releases, story pitching, media kits
- Build strong relationships with AFOL (Adult Fans of LEGO) community to bring creative solutions for better brand exposure
- Lead crisis management, corporate PR at media/partner events
Critical Metrics would be
- Growth in Consumer Sales
- Media/PR value of Earned Media
Play your part in our team succeeding
In this role, you will play a key role in the HKTW BU marketing team and lead the PR & Event agenda in 3 different local markets, Hong Kong, Taiwan & Macau. The marketing team is divided into 4 functional teams, Brand, Digital, PR& Event & Trade Marketing. You will report to the Director, Head of Marketing (HK/TW/MO). Overall focus is to accelerate business growth via recruiting kids and adults and expanding footprint across retail channels.
This role is part of the BU marketing organization, which includes Brand Marketing, Digital Marketing, Trade Marketing, PR & Events – all reporting to the Marketing Director for the BU. There is also a strong regional APAC marketing team to support BU marketing efforts.
Do you have what it takes?
- 5+ years experience in PR/communications/events planning in branded goods industry preferably in categories such as Sports/ Lifestyle/ Fashion/Novelty Retail, Snacks/Beverages
- Excellent communication skills – written and presentation
- Creative thinking
- Strong collaborator and able to work across various internal functions and external partners
- Strong ownership & Can-do attitude
Join the global LEGO® team
What’s in it for you? Here are some of what to expect
- Family Care Leave – We offer enhanced paid leave options for those important times.
- Insurances – All colleagues are covered by our life and disability insurance which provides protection and peace of mind.
- Wellness – We want you to be your best self, so you’ll have access to the Headspace App and lots of wellbeing initiatives and programmes run by local teams where you are based
- Colleague Discount – We know you’ll love to build so from day 1 you will qualify for our generous colleague discount.
- Bonus – We do our best work to succeed together. When goals are reached, you’ll be rewarded through our global bonus scheme.
- Your workplace – Our offices will be your primary workplace with flexibility to work from home during your working week. Your People Leader will discuss the principles of our hybrid work model, role eligibility and frequency with you.
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and equal pay regardless of e.g. race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or gender identity.
The LEGO Group is fully committed to Children’s Rights and Child Wellbeing across the globe. Candidates offered positions with high engagement with children are required to take part in Child Safeguarding Background Screening, as a condition of the offer.
Thank you for sharing our global commitment to Children’s Rights.
Build your career brick by brick at the LEGO Group.
Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong SAR; T’aipei, Taipei City, Taiwan