Would you like to join an innovative team creating technology to power groundbreaking insights in academic, clinical, pharma and biotech research?
It is an extraordinary time for Fluidigm. Our technology is empowering customers to improve life through comprehensive health insight. We invite you to join a leading provider of indispensable life sciences tools that is accelerating global research on multiple frontiers of human health.
At Fluidigm we are also building a positive culture where our people can do the best work of their careers, informed and influenced by our core values:
- Create what customers need next.
- Drive to make a difference.
- Collaborate and learn.
- Step up.
Fluidigm is looking for a energetic, hands-on Principal IT Applications Engineer.
- Strong functional and technical experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 and D365.
- Strong experience integrating third party applications with AX 2012 and D365.
- Proven experience migrating AX2012 to D365
- Hands-on development and configuration experience in AX2012 and D365
- Review and document business functional and nonfunctional requirements and propose scalable and extensible solutions that meet those requirements in the form of detailed specifications. Account for possible project challenges on constraints including, risks, time, resources and scope.
- Lead and conduct comprehensive technical assessments and evaluations of 3rd-party tools and products and provide recommendation of selection
- Conduct technical proofs of concept and participate in the design and development of software solutions
- Evaluate design proposals and conduct proof-of-values where required
- Build relationships with senior technical individuals and thought leaders across the enterprise
- Participate in design and code reviews of artifacts from teams
- Provide functional and technical leadership at each phase of the software development life cycle
- Adhere to all the requirements, guidelines and best practices for quality, security, extensibility, etc.
- Define and manage design and coding standards to be used in software development and delivery
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies, and processes to ensure the highest quality product platform
- Develop appropriate artifacts to communicate ideas and designs to various stakeholders (i.e., UML, ERD)
- Maintain thorough documentation of designs at the application and system level
- Mentor team members in software architecture and design
- Drive process improvements and assist in changes to team best practices
- Participate in interviews of engineers and architects
- Successful software development experience working in a corporate environment
- 8+ years of progressive experience with programming and design of commercial software or enterprise systems
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in manufacturing, distribution, financial ERP systems.
- Working knowledge of software architecture and design patterns including API and microservices
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery
- Extensive experience in high level systems planning, design, development, maintenance and troubleshooting with a track record of accomplishment in large and complex systems
- Experience with Agile development practices such as Scrum and related tools such as Atlassian Jira
- Scientific, Biotech, or Pharmaceutical experience desired
- Strong working knowledge of Linux, AWS, and languages such as Java, Python, .Net etc. desired
- Solution architecture skills including application, infrastructure, networking and security desired
- Experience in cloud-based data architecture, data warehousing desired
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable “big data” data stores desired
- Excellent communication skills; comfortable explaining advanced concepts to technical and non-technical audiences and senior leadership.
- Ability to multi-task and operate with a strong sense of urgency
Ready to join an industry leader with a bold and ambitious mission that is enabling advancements in human health?
Apply online with your resume!
Fluidigm is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, or national origin.