About the job
A fully remote role based in Europe
At Uncapped, we help ambitious founders realise their dreams. As a product designer at Uncapped, you will design impactful solutions to our evolving Uncapped products as we move into banking and create value that delights users and drives acquisition. You will own the design requirements and user journey for new product within Uncapped. To showcase your skills, you will be confident in using wireframes, flowcharts, and prototypes to demonstrate how users will navigate the product and gain value from Uncapped.
Further, you will inform the product and engineering team on the best UI/UX to add value to Uncapped users and be able to communicate to the wider business on how customers navigate the product. You will be able to lead engineers through designs from day 1 of a project and not just the end. You will learn about our users’ pain points, and their desired outcomes. You will be the point of contact for knowing how to add value to their user experience with Uncapped.
Founded in 2019, Uncapped is the fastest, most affordable way for growing online businesses to fund marketing and inventory. We provide business advances of between £10k and £5m without credit checks, personal guarantees, warrants, equity, or compounding interest — and make money by charging a low flat fee that is paid back from future sales revenue. Uncapped has raised $120 million from investors including Lakestar, Mouro Capital, Global Founders Capital, White Star Capital, Seedcamp, and All Iron Ventures.
What you will do
You will ideate and explore concepts to improve new and existing services outcomes that are not only functional but are delightful to use. As a product designer at Uncapped, you will make use of insights, wireframes, mock-ups, and prototypes to communicate their solutions with stakeholders. You will be able to demonstrate a deep understanding of UI/UX principles and best practises and show an understanding of design for finance while analysing competitors and engaging with the wider business. They will work quickly to express their ideas and be confident communicating with engineers and product owners throughout their process to see their designs come to life.
- Collaborate with cross-discipline team members, present designs, and contribute to workshops
- Drive the design process end to end within your product area
- Analyse competitors and ideate possible solutions
- Take part in research, and drive decision-making based on insights and data
- Develop detailed designs through user flows, wireframes and UI mockups
- Create final designs to specification
- Create low and hi-fidelity prototypes
- Liaise with team members and stakeholders to agree product timelines
- Effectively pitch design proposals and win support
Who you are
- 3+ years’ experience within product design
- Good experience designing world-class products
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of UX and UI principles
- Proficient in UX tools (Figma, Sketch, Zeplin, etc.)
- Experience creating prototypes using Figma, Invision, Framer, etc.
- A high quality portfolio showcasing product designs that are considered and thoughtful
- The ability to consider high-level strategy and drive discussions
- The vision to understand technical requirements and limitations for implementing designs
- Experience of Webflow is desirable
What we offer
At Uncapped, our people make us successful. We are a startup with big goals and we work hard, so we want to give everyone the benefits they really want. We’re continually adding to this list as new people join. Here are some of the things you can expect:
- Fully remote working: work with most talented people in the world together
- Flexible working: Remote-first processes for ultimate flexibility
- Unlimited Paid Holidays: we believe that well-rested and happy people make the best employees
- Apple Macbook machine
- Personal growth fund: Get £500 per year or equivalent in Euros/Dollars to invest in personal development
- Workspace fit for you: £350 or equivalent in Euros/Dollars to improve your home office
- Annual retreat abroad: Connect with your team on a paid staff trip
- Weekly recognition and awards: Celebrate wins big and small
- The opportunity to make a big impact every day on the lives of European entrepreneurs