Desert Knowledge Australia
DKA is seeking a highly motivated, well organised, and experienced project management professional to drive the development of DKA’s new strategic plan and Precinct Masterplan. The role will be required to work with the DKA CEO to coordinate the recruitment and management of consultants to deliver a range of strategic outputs within a tight timeframe.
The role will support, project manage and drive the delivery of:
1. A refreshed Strategic Plan for Desert Knowledge Australia,
2. A new Masterplan for the Desert Knowledge Precinct.
3. Transition DKA from program delivery to enabling and auspicing functions
4. Aggregate research funding to support policy and strategic planning objectives
5. Coordinate the location of the proposed Cultural Centre at the Precinct.
6. Engage with the NT Government to facilitate outcomes in remote communities
7. Amend land tenure for the Desert Knowledge Precinct
Required qualities and experience
1. Demonstrated complex project management experience
2. High level of organizational, and leadership qualities and ability to meet tight deadlines
3. Deep and broad local and regional knowledge and networks
4. Demonstrated understanding of government processes
5. Demonstrated experience in project management tools and reporting
6. Excellent writing skills
7. Excellent project administration skills
Desirable qualities and experience
1. Flexible and adaptive
2. Ability to lead and work as part of a project team
3. Understanding of the local operating environment