Oxford University Press
About the job
Responsible for OE resources and qualification promotion in specified territory (Vietnam & Cambodia). Responsible for the delivery of objectives and to safeguard and develop the company image in the market place.
You will generate interest by visiting key decision makers in one-to-one meetings in International and English Medium Schools in the region and attend events and conferences to promote the specified lists.
About the Role
- Results and Market Share: Through devised and agreed calling tactics and strategies, help OUP (OE) and Oxford AQA achieve its agreed targets for the specified areas so that budgets and key KPI’s are met or exceeded. Keep CRM up to date to reflect current market share using competitive awareness.
- Consultative Techniques, Product & Market Knowledge: Demonstrate effective consultative techniques following training models. Use your communication and presentation skills to good effect to maximise results. Full knowledge of OE list including backlist titles so that you can take full advantage of all opportunities, and OxfordAQA qualifications. You may take on responsibility as a ‘product champion’ in order to support the knowledge of the wider team.
- Territory Management: You will be allocated specific countries/markets to focus on and follow the school visiting guidelines with input from your line manager. All trips will be planned, carried out and followed up effectively to bring desired results to the region using travel and expenses guidelines. Trip reports will be used to feedback to the wider team on trends, opportunities and risks, and you will produce a Territory Action Plan for each of your specific markets. To capture and interpret data in order to identify trends and opportunities and competitive landscape so as to inform meaningful market and management reports and successful market strategy.
- Operating expenditure: Spend within specified and agreed expenditure budgets
- Team Work: Work collaboratively within the team and wider Press, sharing ideas and working through any issues or problems. You will take on projects outside your market as requested. You will be expected to cover for colleagues as required to assist the wider team in reaching departmental goals.
- Self-Management: You will manage yourself on a day-to-day basis working towards agreed targets, termly priorities and department objectives. Trip reports, CRM updates, diaries, expenses, office forms will all be kept up-to-date and submitted in a timely manner. All systems will be used effectively and any training needs to be highlighted quickly to your line manager.
- Representing OUP across the International landscape, furthering OUP’s global mission, and operating OUP International School business with the highest standards of professional and ethical business practices, in line with OUP’s values and Code of ConductProcesses.
- Degree level or equivalent
- High levels of business and commercial acumen with a proven track record in a similar environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong commercial awareness and analytical skills
- Excellent collaboration, influencing and facilitation skills
- Proven networking skills and ability to interface with a number of senior level stakeholders
- Good organisation and planning skills
- Ability to work and travel independently
We are committed to supporting diversity in our workforce, and ensuring an inclusive environment where all employees can thrive. We seek to employ a workforce representative of the markets that we serve, and encourage applications from people of all ethnic, cultural and social backgrounds.
Personal data will be used for recruitment purposes only.