Thermo Fisher Scientific
A day in the life:
The Senior Digital Marketing Specialist, Digital Science Solutions, works alongside the global marketing team to drive, supervise and increase online engagement and drive new opportunities for the commercial organization. They will provide recommendations to improve market awareness and lead generation using digital content and experience. Their understanding of web analytics will be fundamental as they adapt and implement web page updates to support increased access, usability, and online engagement. They will work to enable delivery of MQLs through gated content, as well as through third parties to deliver insights through customer intent data. With a good understanding of the Eloqua marketing system, they will support audience growth and ensure smooth transition of marketing contacts from Eloqua through to leads in Salesforce.com.
Ideal candidates will possess strong technical marketing automation skills and be eager to find ways to improve performance and efficiency. The ideal candidate can work expertly with systems such as Adobe Analytics. The role involves automation of lead processing, contact management and email list curation, campaign management, web change requests, blog publication, digital asset management and report creation and analysis of web traffic. The incumbent will have validated experience in measuring and reporting performance to track campaign results and uncover relevant insights, content gaps, and opportunities for purposeful online dialogue within targeted segments.
The role requires close collaboration with marketing team members and digital marketing colleagues across Thermo Fisher Scientific, as well as with agencies who manage our social media and Google campaigns. You will work with digital marketing teams across Thermo Fisher to ensure best practice and drive standardization, stay current on evolving digital marketing methodologies and use analytics to provide insight and drive successful digital marketing campaigns.
Keys to Success:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business communications, digital marketing, or related degree a scientific discipline with strong digital marketing experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a digital marketing role required.
- Experience in scientific or technology industry preferred.
- Experience in the use of marketing automation to drive lead generation campaigns.
- A validated understanding of SEM and SEO standard methodologies, optimization techniques and tools.
- Proven track record of analyzing campaign and web traffic data to advise on adjustments to improve results.
- Experience in Eloqua, Quickbase, Workfront One, Wordpress, OpenText Media Management and Brightcove would be helpful.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Excellent communicator and creative problem solver with an ability to use data to inform decisions.
- Validated experience working across multiple functions and levels to successful project completion.
- Suited to a fast-paced commercial environment, with an ability to prioritize workload optimally.