About the job
Oxfam is a global movement of people who are fighting inequality to end poverty and injustice. Our global confederation includes 21 member organizations working in 70 countries.
We have a vision of a just and sustainable world. A world where people and the planet are at the center of our economy. Where women and girls live free from violence and discrimination. Where the climate crisis is contained. And where governance systems are inclusive and allow for those in power to be held to account.
Oxfam in Vietnam believes that a reduction in poverty, injustice, and inequality will occur through the interaction between active citizens, accountable states and the private sector and that it is fundamental to Vietnam’s development.
Oxfam in Vietnam aims to influence the current growth-based development model to shift to a Human Economy Development Model built around eight core concepts, (1) measure what matters with multi-dimensional poverty and inequality, unpaid care work, environment, (2) manage markets, not being managed by them; (3) end extreme concentration of wealth, (4) progressive taxation, (5) universal public services, (6) gender equality and women’s agency, (7) decent jobs with fair and living wages for employees, (8) responsible and inclusive business models, (9) citizens’ participation.
All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness.
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The Senior Programme Administrative Officer ensures the effective and efficient support of the administrative process of the assigned programmes and manages the internal grants.
|Contract:||Fixed term, 2 years with possible extension (depending on funding availibility and performance)|
|Reporting to:||Senior Programme Manager and/or Institutional Funding and Programme Specialist|
|Based in:||Hanoi with frequent travel|
Programme admin role:
• Provide support as requested in preparation for program documentation and correspondence in the framework of the project cycle of Oxfam in Vietnam or requirements of the back donor;
• Arrange and monitor the (administrative) processes of the programs in line with ISO procedures and back donor requirements; to signal deviations within the different processes and remind the relevant staff members of this;
• Arrange the processes, registration and filing of the documentation and correspondence of the (core) processes, in line with applicable procedures and with the help of the automation systems;
• Prepare all relevant Oxfam meetings/workshops. If needed, to record action points and/or write the minutes, and to monitor their follow-up;
• Provide secretarial, administrative and organization support to assigned programs;
• Organize all duty arrangements (including hotel, transport and assisting with visas) of colleagues of the project and /or other visitors travelling to and from the field;
• Provide translation and interpretation supports to program activities.
Internal grant management role:
• Manage Oxfam in Vietnam’s internal grant management system (ADOBE/SAP software) and facilitate Oxfam internal grant agreement signing. This includes registering new grants, updating grant amendments, digitally filing contracts, and registering project reporting schedule;
• Support to update Oxfam in Vietnam’s institutional funding pipeline on a regular basis;
• Facilitate and support the review and sign-off process of donor reports between Oxfam in Vietnam and Oxfam Novib;
|Most importantly, every individual at Oxfam International Secretariat needs to be able to:
|1. Be committed to our feminist principles, and to applying them in your day-to-day behaviour and your work. Be ready to keep learning, with accountability to those who experience oppression as a result of their identities, such as their gender, race/ethnicity, disability, class, or LGBTQIA identity.”||2. Be committed to undertaking Oxfam’s safeguarding training and adhering to relevant policies, to ensure all people who come into Oxfam are as safe as possible.|
Skills, experience and knowledge
- Completed an education in secretarial, administrative or economic direction;
- Proven secretarial, administrative and organizational work experience;
- Excellent oral and written command of English and Vietnamese;
- Familiar with processes of responding to funding opportunities, and experiences in internal grant system management is an asset.
- Good computer skills and experience with SAP or other computerized information systems;
- A proactive attitude and you work systematically, you know to separate major and minor issues are accurate;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and you are a team player;
- A flexible, customer-focused attitude;
- Willingness to travel to remote areas of Vietnam.
- Systems Thinking
In addition, you need to
- Be a team player;
- Have good social and interpersonal skills;
- Be able to work across boundaries and enable cooperation among different groups/actors;
- Be able to work under pressure in response to changing needs.
Gross Annual Salary Range: VND302,725,441 – VND422,289,593