Gilmour Space Technologies
About the job
All Orbits, All Planets – Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion
technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
Want to build rockets on the Gold Coast? We’re recruiting a Senior Verification/Test Engineer in Avionics to
work on our rockets.
Why you should join our mission:
Our dedicated team is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be
encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change in a dynamic
environment. This role also offers:
- Proudly working and contributing towards an Australian owned rocket launch company.
- Work in a passionate, vibrant and welcoming team that’s driven to become the largest sovereign space employer in Australia.
- Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity, bringing your new bold ideas and being a part of Australia’s space history.
- Thrive and expand your skills and knowledge in an innovative aerospace industry
- Easy access from the M1
How you will contribute to our mission in getting Australia to space:
The below is designed to give you an idea of the role you will play. There will be many more exciting and
innovative things to do.
- Lead the development of verification strategies and plans, including test regimens for safety critical equipment
- Developing test procedures for verification of avionics unit and sub-system requirements
- Performing environmental testing on avionics equipment (including but not limited to vibration, vacuum, shock, thermal and electro-magnetic compatibility testing)
- Strategically developing Gilmour’s internal testing capability, including avionics test systems and environmental chambers/machines
- Co-ordinating with internal and external stakeholders to execute test events efficiently and to schedule
- Providing experienced engineering guidance and oversight in troubleshooting and investigating anomalies
- Running Test Readiness Reviews and Test Review Boards
- Developing test reports and other verification documentation, including documenting compliance traceability for the avionics sub-system across various verification methods
- Developing risk assessments and adhering to safety protocols
- Maintaining configuration management and traceability of flight critical hardware
- Performing other avionics integration and test activities as required in a rigorous, repeatable manner to a set standard or procedure
- Ability to work independently and provide direction to small test teams
Skills and Experience:
Mandatory Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline (Mechatronics, Avionics, Electrical)
- 5+ years of experience performing integration, test and/or verification activities for complex developmental projects within the aerospace industry
- Sound understanding of systems engineering processes and requirements verification
- Experience in testing to industry standards for environmental qualification (such as SMC-S-016, GSFC- STD-7000, ECSS, MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-810
- Excellent stakeholder engagement, communication, and ability to provide direction for more junior engineers
- Ability to execute to schedule and drive tasks to completion, dynamically coordinating test events and briefing leadership on progress and outcomes
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment
- Capable of obtaining and maintain an Australian Government NV 1 Level Security Clearance
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
We recognise you may not meet all of the below, but don’t let that deter you. We are always looking for
hard workers to join our team, so what are you waiting for? Let’s send Australia to space!
- An understanding of space hardware qualification and acceptance strategies
- Enjoy working with your hands to create quality results
- Experience performing environmental testing in a certified test house
- Experience in developing highly configurable and flexible test systems
- Familiarity with data acquisition systems
- Experience with Linux, version control software and CI/CD
- An exposure to C/C++, electronics, and embedded programing
- An understanding of networking protocols
- Familiarity with ESD protection, procedures and devices
- Hard worker who enjoys contributing to team goals
- Good time management skills and a strong sense of initiative