- Lead audio engineering for live and studio productions, including selection and setup of mics, mixing, recording, and mastering.
- Assist with setup and breakdown of various productions, including music, theatre, and other performing arts events. This includes audio aspects, as well as certain lighting, set, and projection areas.
We’re a black box theatre in Ari, Bangkok, looking for a sound engineer to assist with live and studio productions in various performing arts areas. The role covers live and studio music performances and recordings, theatre productions, and other creative industry events. You’ll be responsible for setting up recording, mixing, and mastering for all events hosted within our venue.
Given we’re a small venue, you’ll also be expected to support setup and breakdown in other areas, such as lighting, set design, and projection. You will be supported with these tasks, but expect to get your hands dirty in these areas too.
You will need the following qualifications:
- Fluent in English and Thai: Strong spoken English and Thai.
- Hard-working & ambitious: We need someone who’s hungry to learn and work hard. We will give you real responsibility to have a huge impact on our business.
- Sound engineering experience: Strong sound engineering skills, particularly around mixing and mastering of music. Theatre/film/TV experience would also be a huge plus.
- Technical skills: Strong core technical skills will ensure you can assist with other non-audio areas, like DMX controls for lighting, and projector mounting and calibration.
- Detail oriented: A keen eye for detail helps ensure we always achieve the highest production standards.
- Critical thinking: You need to think outside the box and find solutions to problems as an independent critical thinker.
- Self-motivating & strong initiative: You will be in the thick of the action from day one, so you have to always be on your toes thinking about how things can be done better.