The Sr. Director, Project Management provides agile and seamless end-to-end project planning, issue management and risk mitigation across TELUS International geographies, delivering on TELUS’ brand promise of Customers First. We do this through our Center of Excellence and Project Delivery team. The PM organization is focused on both external clients/customer implementations as well as internal.
Center of Excellence
- The PMO Center of Excellence (COE) provides a program/project management delivery framework including standards and best practices in support of the implementation of new initiatives under the umbrella of the TELUS International Chief Operating Officer, and provides executive management visibility into the key initiatives status, ensures that all ongoing initiatives are coordinated, dependencies identified and risks managed resulting in a better competitive position, increased corporate returns and delivering on TELUS’ brand promise of Customers First
- We foster professional development providing training and mentoring to project managers and delivery primes, work closely with other TELUS International departments to ensure that processes and technology are aligned and leverage best practices in an environment of continuous improvement.
- Successful execution of projects undertaken through the project lifecycle
- Projects include, but are not limited to:
Client Enablement / Transitions
- Client Delivery
- Account Delivery
- Launches & Movements
TI Enablement (COO)
- Business Transformation
- Global Strategic Initiatives (COO)
- Global Technology Enablement
Primary purpose of the role
Directs and oversees the Program Management Office (PMO) to ensure COO programs and projects meet organization goals, requirements, and timelines. Develops and implements PMO processes and policies, directs project management staff, and works with other department leaders to define, prioritize, and develop projects and programs.
- Provide leadership, integration, and management of PMO processes and functions to improve the consistency and efficiency of project delivery.
- Creates functional strategies and specific objectives for the sub-function and develops budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure.
- Define the PMO strategy and lead the design and implementation of a common project management methodology, standards, and tools to drive and facilitate the successful delivery of projects
- Lead the execution of a PMO governance, reporting, and review framework to provide a holistic view of all organizational project activity
- Manage interdependencies and coordination across projects to ensure that information relating to project deliverables, risks and issues are effectively communicated between stakeholders and that key performance indicators are monitored and evaluated
- Identify and define the major strategic issues for the organization and integrate diverse stakeholder interests
- Define business strategies and organizational policies to enable the strategic coordination of multiple major projects and initiatives to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of projects
· Coordinates closely with the client for any ongoing issues/concerns on billing, training, operations, technical and quality and ensures these are taken into account or incorporated into any plan revisions
- Foster collaborative and mutually supportive relationships with project leaders and senior stakeholders, assess cross-functional project team capability, provide coaching, training and support to enhance the Agency’s project/program management capability, and improve collaborative development and project results
· Maintains and extends strong positive relationships with client representatives at all times.
· Ensures continuous quality improvement by constantly reviewing and improving processes, procedures and system.
- Bachelor’s degree at minimum
- 3-5 years Leadership experience in managing a team of Project Managers
- 3-5 years experience in a Customer Facing Consulting Capacity
- Logistics and Deployment/Implementation experience preferred
- Understanding of marketing to the customer experience technology market and buyer dynamics.
- Strong Financial Acumen – Direct P&L responsibility
- Experience in Service Portfolio Management
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in Project Management or PMO & Portfolio Management Support (working within a structured project management framework)
- PMP Certified
- 3+ year experience in the Contact Center / BPO / IT industry
- Proven successful international complex strategic program management experience
- Global team leadership management experience
- Excellent interpersonal relations
- Orientation to results
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Project Management Skills
- Sufficient technical background to understand the technologies and technical issues involved with tools and platform enablement
Remote position located in North America (US or Canada)
TELUS International Values:
TELUS International recognizes and embraces the importance of values in our ever-changing workplace. To be successful, all applicants must demonstrate behaviors that are reflective of our values:
● We passionately put our customers and communities first
● We embrace change and innovate courageously
● We grow together through spirited teamwork