As an Engagement Manager, you will be responsible for managing or leading multiple consulting projects and ensuring on-time and on-budget delivery for clients in the pharmaceutical or related industries by:
- Managing project teams including both internal and external resources in the design, development and delivery of client deliverables.
- Leveraging business experience and acumen in identifying strategic alternatives and project approach to client questions.
- Serving as key point of contact with client.
- Providing follow-up with client after project deliverable has been completed to ensure client satisfaction.
- Ensuring clear communication throughout projects and within the team.
- Supporting the development of intellectual property for use on future engagements.
- Managing the process of proposal preparation and/or modifications including overall bid integrity.
- Developing and/or elevating new business opportunities through the identification of follow-on work and new leads.
- Developing broader and deeper knowledge of consulting methodologies and pharmaceutical market through on the job experience and training.
- Providing direction, advice and intellectual leadership to clients and delivery teams.
- Direct consulting teams through consistent participation in team meetings.
- Providing high level input to, and ensures the development of, client reports and presentations and delivery of all or significant portions of findings to client.
- Sharing subject matter expertise with others to elevate our capabilities to deliver world-class solutions for clients.
- Leading ad hoc work streams on critical people-related issues such as recruitment, learning and development.
- Serving as a coach to 3-4 staff .
Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrable analytical, interpretative and problem-solving skills.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills including presentations, chairing meetings, workshop facilitation, business and report writing.
- Strong capability in managing large and/or multiple projects and juggling priorities so that deadlines are met while retaining consistently high quality outcomes.
- Experience working in sizable/ multi-disciplined teams and leading staff.
- Experience in developing credible relationships with senior level managers and executives in the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with others in and across the organization to accomplish team goals.
- Ability to contribute to business development through the identification of leads, development of proposals etc.
- Knowledge of key issues and current developments in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries.
- Knowledge of consulting methodologies, tools and techniques.
Qualifications & Other requirements:
In addition to the skills and experience above,
A strong academic track record including minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and a relevant graduate qualification and 8-10 years professional experience in consulting, pharmaceutical and/or healthcare industry with evidence of career progression.
- Demonstrable experience in and commitment to the life sciences and/or healthcare industries.
- A track record of leadership and people development.
- Fluency in English (spoken and written).
- A willingness and ability to travel.
- Right to live and work in the recruiting country.