About the job
At IKEA, it is so much more than a job.
We are looking to welcome a new Visual Merchandising & Activities Co-worker to their Interior Design team!
In the IKEA world, we call this position a Visual Merchandising Co-worker.
WHAT WE OFFER
• Living Wage Foundation Employer
Permanent role working 24 hours with 5 day per week availability.
This role might require availability to occasionally work late evenings, weekends, and night shifts. Shifts may change according to business/project need.
• Flexibility on availability to be discussed during interviews
• We offer permanent contracts, advanced scheduling & regular weekend off
WORKING WITH US HAS ITS REWARDS
Our co-workers bring unique ideas and talent to work every day and we offer a variety of benefits that suit their and their family’s everyday needs.
• 15% co-worker discount & I-Benefits discount portal helping you save £100’s on Highstreet retailers
• Free & Confidential Employee Assistance Program and Wellbeing Portal
• X3 Life Assurance, enhanced statutory pension contributions & interest free loans
• Flexi Holiday Plan
• Family Friendly childcare & wellbeing support
• Commitment to your development throughout your IKEA career, starting on your first day
• Free parking and you can also enjoy a free hot or cold meal option every shift!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE
Where others see home furnishing products, we see smart solutions to create a better everyday life. With a great deal of passion, imagination and brainstorming we turn colours, textiles and furniture into inspiring environments that excite, engage, and convince IKEA visitors that they can do it too!
We are looking for people who are driven to provide inspiration to our customers by demonstrating their knowledge of life at home and how the IKEA product range can solve their furniture, storage, and organisational needs. You challenge your team and yourself to strengthen the IKEA Brand with a focus on growth and long-term profitability.
Ideally you have relevant design/merchandising qualification, understanding of and experience in the design process, alongside experience working in retail design or visual merchandising.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
• Contribute to position the IKEA store as the first choice for home furnishing in your local market.
• Provide inspiring home furnishing solutions for a single product or a combination of products that will support a convenient shopping experience & improve people’s life at home.
• Use visual merchandising competence to strengthen the uniqueness of the IKEA identity in range presentation solutions in the store by working with store layout, range presentation and vitality.
• Stay updated on trends in home furnishing & retailing to generate creative directions that inspire and surprise visitors with a strong visual impression.